The Reeves Eye Institute is a comprehensive eye care practice with locations in Johnson City and Kingsport, Tennessee. Our eye care services include:
- Cataract Evaluations - Have you been diagnosed with a cataract or been experiencing a deterioration in vision? Learn more about cataract evaluations to help determine if cataract surgery is necessary for you. Your cataract should only be removed if it is causing problems. Since other eye conditions may cause similar symptoms, Dr. Reeves will take great care to thoroughly examine your eyes and determine the best course of treatment.
- Cataract Surgery - Cataract surgery is necessary when the eye’s clear lens becomes clouded and causes vision to become impaired. This may develop at birth, may be the result of an injury or, most commonly, may be the natural result of aging. Cataract surgery is one of the most commonly preformed operations in the U.S. and is typically done on an outpatient basis.
- LASIK eye surgery - LASIK eye surgery is the most common type of refractive surgery. LASIK (Laser-Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis) is a procedure that can correct certain vision problems and reduce or eliminate the dependance on eyeglasses and/or contact lenses. The goal of LASIK eye surgery is to give the patient clear, sharp vision.
- Macular Degeneration Treatment - Also known as Age-Related Macular Degeneration, AMD is a leading cause of vision loss in people aged 60 and older. It is a disease that destroys your central vision. Central vision is necessary to see objects clearly and to complete every day tasks such as driving and reading. The best treatment for Macular Degeneration is early detection.
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) - Also known as an eyelid lift, Blepharoplasty is a relatively minor procedure used to address droopy eyelids by removing or tightening saggy skin around the eyes, resulting in a smoother, younger appearance. Dr. Reeves is experienced in treating a variety of eyelid and orbital medical conditions.
- Routine Eye Exams - Regular eye exams are needed to maintain healthy vision. Vision problems, if not diagnosed and treated early, may lead to significant problems and even blindness and therefore early detection is key. If you experience any changes in vision between scheduled visits it is important that you call to schedule an appointment at The Reeves Eye Institute as soon as possible.
- Diabetic Eye Care - For patients with Diabetes, regular eye exams are important to help detect Diabetic Retinopathy. In the early stages of Diabetes, eye exams once or twice a year may be necessary. During these visits, your doctor will be specifically looking for any leaking blood vessels which, if left undetected, may lead to more advanced levels of the disease later on. Early detection is critical.
- Reading Vision - If you're 40 or over, you know the routine: To read something, you have to hold it farther away than normal, or reach for reading glasses. This is caused by presbyopia, a condition that is almost universal as we get older. Reeves Eye Institute is the first practice in East Tennessee to offer the KAMRA™ Lens Inlay for the treatment of presbyopia. The procedure is ideal for active people or professionals who want less hassle in their daily lives dealing with readers glasses